- Missing lines.
- No Gridelines.
- Cross-tab outline missing in Excel.
- Cross-tab borders not visible in MS Excel.
- Cross-tab lines disappears after exporting a report from Crystal Reports to MS Excel Data-Only format.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a cross-tab to the report.
- Export the report to MS-Excel (Data-Only)
- In MS Excel, open the exported document, and notice the Gridlines of the rows and columns of the cross-tab, are not visible.
- When exporting to MS Excel or MS Excel Data-Only, it exports the cross-tab data to rows and columns, and the cross-tab gruidlines are the actual MS Excel rows and columns.
- Note: It is possible to export some limitted formatting to MS Excel Data-Only, like font size and colors, by selecting the exporting option "Export Object Formatting", but it does not includes lines, therefore the outcome will be the same, and this is normall behavior.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to export the cross-tab gruidlines to MS Excel, and this is why there is no lines in the MS Excel spreadsheet generated.
- For the list of Crystal Reports features supported by exporting format, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article:
1946358 - Crystal Reports features supported by exporting format
Lines,MS Excel. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016