-To combine two fields from two different tables contained in an Universe having a field in common.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report based on a Universe with two tables.
- The tables must have a field in common.
- Try to report on both of these tables
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Oracle 9.2.1
- Create a report using the Universe.
- Create two queries for building the report.
- In the first Query take the first field to be shown in the report.
- In the second Query, take the second field and the field which is common to both the tables.
- In the Database Expert, go to the Link tab and change the link to "Left Outer Join".
- Now in the report, you will have the desired fields showing all the data from both the tables.
Combine tables based on Universe Display records using a common field , KBA , BI , Business intelligence solutions , How To