How to insert a Blank section when “New Page After” is selected in the section expert for group header. If the section height is not minimized, the “New Page After” setting is ignored and a new page is not added after the section. If there is a small amount of white space showing, it works and a new blank page is added.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a Crystal report using Xtreme Sample Database insert a customer table.
2. Group by "Country" field.
3. Insert another section for Group header. so we have Group Header #1a and Group Header #1b.
4. Place the Group Name in Group Header #1b
5. In Section Expert, Select "New Page After" for GH #1a and minimize the section.
6. In design view, a Blank Page is not inserted first.
- Crystal Report is creating a blank page because, the GH #1a inserted as a blank section.
- If we minimize the GH #1a, then it will not create any blank page before GH #1b and it takes care of the new page after instruction when the control passes through GH #1a.
- In fact New Page Before or after will not create any blank pages, it will create a page break between pages.
- Create a Crystal Report Using a Xtreme Sample Database and insert a customer table.
- Group by "Country"
- Insert a Section below the Group Header. So we have GH #1a and GH #1b.
- Place the Group Name in Group Header #1b.
- Apply "New Page After" or "New Page Before" for GH #1a and leave the section blank.
- In design view,a Blank Page is inserted first and from the next page it prints all detail sections.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem