Executing a deployed Web Application / Web Site built in Visual Studio 2008 throws this error from IIS 7.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Microsoft Vista Business / Ultimate / Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP0
- It has been observed that the web application runs absolutely fine when executed from the Visual Studio 2008 IDE.
- This is because Visual Studio uses the internal Cassini ASP.NET Web Server which takes care of the services required to display the report on the web page.
- Vista / Windows Server 2008 Enterprise does not install the required IIS ASP.NET components by default. Manual selection and installation of these components are required.
To install the required services, follow these steps:
- Start | Control Panel | Programs | Turn Windows features on or off
- Select the components highlighted in the snapshot below :
- Click OK
- Resetting the IIS is recommended ( Go to Start | Run | iisreset )
- Try executing the web page again by Rt. Clicking the ‘.aspx’ page | Browse
Please refer to the link for more information on this error -
IIS 7, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Vista Ultimate, Vista Business, HTTP 500.19,Visual Studio 2008, VS 2008
IIS 7, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Vista Ultimate, Vista Business, HTTP 500.19,Visual Studio 2008, VS 2008, KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , How To