When Crystal XI R2 attempts to connect to an enterprise database using JDBC Connectivity, it hangs the designer
Reproducing the Issue
- Using Crystal Reports, and JDBC Connectivity, connect to an Enterprise Database (SQL Server, DB2).
- Note that Crystal Reports hangs indefinitely.
- Cause is a communication issue between the ClearQuest JDBC driver and the Crystal Reports Java Server.
- The designer hangs at the point that Crystal Reports is trying to fetch the data from the database.
- The JDBC driver type is a Type 3 driver, which isn't in the supported platforms document for Crystal Reports XI Release 2.
Ensure that the JDBC driver is a Generic Type 4 JDBC driver which is in the supported platforms document.
KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem