I clicked on my field dialogue box in the formula editor and now it floats all over and I cannot re-dock it.
How can I put the field dialog box back in it's original position?
A - Right-click within the field dialog box and ensure "Allow Docking" is marked.
B - Drag the field dialogue box to the top with the other boxes and it should snap to the docked position.
PLEASE back up your registry prior to following the next steps and if you're uncomforable after reading through the steps have your IT individual perform these steps.
Edit the Registry
1. On the 'Start' menu, click 'Run'. Type 'Regedit', and then click 'OK'. The Registry Editor appears.
2. Navigate to the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Crystal Decisions\9.0\Crystal Reports\Formula Workshop\Formula\
- OR -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Crystal Decisions\10.0\Crystal Reports\Formula Workshop\Formula\
Select the folder that corresponds to the following windows:
Field Tree: Toolbar-Bar2
Function Tree: Toolbar-Bar3
Operator Tree: Toolbar-Bar4
3. Right-click the 'DockingStyle' Key, and then click 'Modify'.
4. In the 'Value data' text box, enter: f000
5. Click 'OK', and then close the Registry Editor.
The three tree windows now dock correctly in the Formula Editor.
Docking, formula editor, fields dialogue, allow docking, dialogue, dialog , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem