When you create a new project from the template, the attachments and planned works of the project template are not carried over to the new project.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Project Management.
- Select the view Templates.
- Select New button and choose Template option.
- Select an active project and define the template. Note: Ensure that you selected the check box Planned Work and Attachments in Step 2 (Copy Source), If you want to copy that.
- Save the template.
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Select Projects view.
- Select New Project link under Common Tasks.
- Select Source as Template in step 1 (Enter Initial Data)
- Select the Template in step 2 (Copy Source).
- After completing all the other steps save the project.
Now you can find that Attachments and planned works do not get carried over to the newly project.
System is working as designed.
While creating a new project from a template and if you want to keep the attachment and planned work from the tempate to the new project, ensure that you check the checkbox for both planned work and attachment while creating the new project from the template.
Because the creation of templates and creation of projects are 2 different transactions and the options or data that you enter in either of the screens will not be carried over to another. So while creating a new template from a project you can choose planned work and attachments to be copied to the new template, however if this template is used in creation of New Project then you need to select them manually too.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Product Enhancement