- User wants to change the page number information which is displayed by the PageNumber or Page N of M special fields.
Reproducing the Issue
This issue has been tested and successfully implemented in the following environment:
- Operating System: Windows XP,Windows 2003
- Crystal Reports:10,XI Release 1,XI Release 2,CR 2008
- In Crystal Reports, every page that gets displayed in the Preview tab can be marked with the page number by using the PageNumber or Page N of M special fields.
- User is generally unable to modify this display as per requirement
- As an example I will consider the requirement that the user needs to display the page number information from the second page rather than the first page.
- Say, the requirement is to dispaly the page number 2 as 1,3 as 2 and so on.
- We need to create a formula for this as follows
if PageNumber > 1 then "Page " & mid(cstr(PageNumber-1),1,instr(cstr(PageNumber-1),".")-1) &" of "& mid(cstr(PageNofM),instr(cstr(PageNofM),"f")+2) else "";
Then user can place this formula in the page footer section or any other section (as per requirement) where the page numbers are required to be displayed.
- Page N of M,PageNumber,Crystal Reports XI R1,CR 2008,special fields