- Create a report based off two different databases.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report based off one database.
- Select different database as a datasource for subreport.
- Insert a subreport to main report.
- Create a static parameter in subreport.
- Parameter should be on the common field between the two databases.
- Crystal Reports XI Release 1.
- Operating System :Windows XP
- Database :any
- Create a report based off one database using appropriate Data Source.
- Then go to Insert from the Menu Bar and select Subreport..
- Insert Subreport window will appear.
- Under the option Create a subreport with the Report Wizard enter the new report name for subreport.
- Now go to Report Wizard.. from the same window.
- Go to Create New Connection and select the appropriate 'Data Source' and select the respective tables.
- Click on Next and select Fields to Display and then click on Finish button.
- Then click on OK from the Insert Subreport window.
- Insert the subreport in appropriate section.
- Go to the subreport and create a static parameter based on a field which is common between the two databases.
- Right click on the subreport and click on Change Subreport Linking option.
- Subreport Links window will appear, under the option Subreport parameter field to use, select the parameter which was created for common field between the two databases.
- Click on OK button under the Subreport Links options.
- Then refresh the report.
Crystal Reports, Two databases. , KBA , BI , Business intelligence solutions , How To
SAP Crystal Reports XI R2