How to limit number of records returned to a Crystal Report's dynamic prompt?
Reproducing the Issue
- In a command object query, how can I limit the number of records returned to the report?
- Only distinct values
- Example SQL for database view, syntax may vary depending on database
- Select Distinct(field) NewField1 from Table
- Name this view...ie "View1"
- Specify another view based on this one
- Select Top 500 NewField1 from View1
- Name this view View2
- Use View2 for the source of your parameter object
limit of records, values returned, prompt, list of values, LOV , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To