- When trying to edit a report selection formula, in Crystal Reports 2008, with a specified order in the Select Expert, the formula returns back to the previous order giving wrong results when refreshing the report after the change.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report with parameters in Crystal Reports 2008.
- Go to Select Expert
- Create few Record Selections using those parameters.
- Save the report and preview it.
- Now, go to the Select Expert, Click on "Show formula".
- Try to change the order of the conditions in that editor.
- Click on OK.
- Preview the report. It will show the new results.
- Refresh the report, again go to the Select Expert
- Click on "Show formula", we can notice that the order of the selection again has returned back to the previous order.
- When we try to preview the report, the result also changes to the previous one.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Windows XP
- Create a report in Crystal Reports 2008.
- Go to Field Explorer, Click on Parameter Fields, click on new.
- Make few parameters based on the fields.
- Click on Report menu item, go to Select Expert, then click on Record
- Make few record selection conditions including the fields on which the parameters are made.
- Click on OK and preview the report.
- Now, click Report menu item, go to Selection Formulas, then click on Record.
- The Record Selection Formula Editor opens up which contains the record selection formula which we made through the Select Expert.
- Make the desired changes in the formula in this editor and save the formula.
- Preview the report, we can see it gives the desired result.
- Refresh the report, again preview the report, the result does not change this time.
KBA , BI , Business intelligence solutions , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V0