- Cannot set the characters per inch.
- When exporting to Text, we are not prompted to set the number of characters per inch.
- When exporting a report from Crystal Reports to Text format, it does not display the number of characters per inch window.
- Crystal Reports 10
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report.
- Export the report to Text format.
- The dialog box to adjust the number of Characters per Inch, does not prompt, and the report is exported to Text format.
- In older versions of Crystal Reports, there were an option the end user could select to not be prompted again to select the number of characters per inch. Once checked, the prompt will no longer show up.
- In newer version of Crystal Reports, this option no longer exist, and it will alway prompt to select the number of characters per inch.
- If the report is exported to Text format from SAP BI LaunchPad, it will not prompt for the number of character per inch, and it was designed this way to simplify the export process on the SAP BI Server. You can store the number of character per inch with the report, when setting the Text options on the report in Crystal Reports designer.
- To prompt for the number of characters per inch, when exporting a report to Text format, from Crystal Reports, set the registry key "PromptAgain" to the value: 1
WARNING The following resolution involves editing the Microsoft Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Registry Editor at your own risk. For more information see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor.
( In MS Windows, under the menu Start, select Run, and type: regedit )
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, navigate to the path corresponding to the version of the product used:
- Crystal Reports 10
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.0\Crystal Reports\Export\TextExport
1 - To prompt,
0 - To NOT prompt
Export to Text. Character Per Inch, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; SAP Crystal Reports 10.0 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 9.0