- exporting a crystal report to text format
- not getting the dialog box to enter the characters per inch
Reproducing the Issue
- Open any crystal report
- Export to text format
- Dialog box to prompt for Characters per Inch does not prompt.
- Crystal Reports 9
- Crystal Reports 10
Registry key is set to not prompt.
If you set the "Do not prompt me again" checkbox, a registry key gets created and set so that the user will not be prompted with this dialog in future text exports.
In order to reset it to prompt again, you must edit the registry.
|The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Windows operating system. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. For Information on How to Edit the Registry Key View the ‘Changing Keys And Values’ online Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).It is strongly advised that you make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry.|
Reset registry key to prompt for Characters per Inch:
- Go to Start -> Run -> regedit
- Go to the registry key for your version of Crystal Reports.
Crystal Reports 9.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\9.0\Crystal Reports\Export\TextExport
Crystal Reports 10
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.0\Crystal Reports\Export\TextExport
- On the right panel, there should be a registry key "PromptAgain"
- Edit registry key value and set to 1 (To prompt), 0 (To NOT prompt).
- Restart Crystal Reports.
Export to Text. Character Per Inch , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem