- Upgrading Report Designer Component (RDC) in C++
- Open project in C++
- Go to Resource View and open your dialog with the Crystal Report viewer
- Delete the old viewer. If your computer only has version XI r2, this will show up as a blank activeX control, you may have also received an error message when you loaded the project; 'ActiveX control could not be instatiated'
- Right click on the dialog and select 'Insert ActiveX Control'
- Select the Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 11.5
- Resize the control to the desired size
- Right click on the dialog and go to the Class Wizard.
- Select the 'Member Variables' tab.
- Delete the existing Viewer member variable. It will have the Control ID IDC_CRVIEWER1 or something similar. You can also check the type: CCrystalreportViewer9 or CCrystalreportViewer depending on the previous crystal report version you were using.
- Select the Control ID for the new viewer and add a member variable for it. You will be notified that c++ wrapper needs to be generated. You will need to name the variable.
- If you selected a different variable name than you were using originally, you will need to update the references to the viewer
- You must import the new craxdrt. IE:
#import "c:\program files\crystal decisions\report designer component\craxdrt9.dll" no_namespace
#import "c:\program files\business objects\common3.5\bin\craxdrt.dll" no_namespace
C++ RDC Report Desinger Component ActiveX viewer upgrade XI r2 craxdrt.dll crviewer.dll , KBA , BI-DEV , Business Intelligence Software Development Kits (SDKs) , How To
SAP Crystal Reports XI R2