- A path has to be specified each time a file is exported.
- How to set a default path to save the file created after exporting to any format from Crystal Reports?
Reproducing the Issue
- Crystal Reports Designer XI and above
Changes have to be done in the registry for setting the path of an exported file-
- Click on Start->Run
- Type in regedit.
- It opens the Registry editor.
- Go to HKEY-CURRENT-USER -> Software -> BusinessObjects -> Suite 11 ->Crystal Reports -> Export.
- Within Export there is a key called ExportDirectory.
- Double click the key which opens the Edit String Dialogue box.
- In ‘Value Data’ field type the path of the folder where you want to store the exported files and click OK.
- Now open the exporting wizard and select the Destination as ‘Disk file’ and it will automatically point to the location specified above.
The above resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry. For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys and Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To