How to migrate a Xcelsius SWF file that uses QAAWS from System1 to System2
- Business Objects XI R2 SP2 or higher
- Business Objects XI 3.0/3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects BI4
- QaaWS XI R2 or higher
- QaaWS XI 3.0 or higher
- Xcelsius 2008
- Dashboards 4
Reproducing the Issue
- SWF file on System1 has the following connection URL:http://System1:8080/dswsbobje/services/session
- Import the SWF file to System2 using the Import Wizard
- After importing the SWF to System2, the SWF file still calls the web service from System 1 with the URL above.
Since the WSDL url's will be different for each environment, simply importing same SWF to the destination environment won't update the SWF to call the web service in the new environment.
Ensure the “Web Service URL” field in Xcelsius is a relative path (not to be confused with the WSDL URL field). The URL should read: /dswsbobje/qaawsservices/queryasservice.
Use the import wizard to migrate those repository objects including the SWF file(s) and the QaaWS folder to system2.
The last step in the import wizard during the ‘import scenario,’ make sure to select: “I want to update the destination system by using the source system as a reference”.
Login to system1 Qaaws and redeploy each Qaaws to the system2.
Once the import is complete, locate the SWF on system2 and launch it to display the data.
Xcelsius 2008; QaaWS; Life Cycle Management; deployment; migration, flash, refresh, update , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To