Formula summarizes the value from the database field and from the subreport. Customer needs to group records based on formula results.
Crystal Reports 9,Crystal Reports 10,Crystal reports XI. Crystal Reports 2008
If the data is available as a parameter then it is possible to parse values in Whilereadingrecords evaluation time of the subreport and group records accordingly.
Next step is suppress all sections of the main report except the one with the subreport. Attached is the sample report to demonstrate how to group and sort based on whileprintingrecords formulas.
Below is the step by step instructions:
- Create a “StringToPass” formula in the main report to concatenate values of WhilePrintingRecords formula:
- Add formula to main Report Details section
- Add a copy of the same report as a subreport in Report Footer
- Link the subreport with @StringToPass formula
- Create a new “CountryArray” formula in subreport:
- Add formula to the Details section of the subreport.
- Now the formula is available for grouping, group subreport using this formula
- Suppress main report sections
GroupingSortingWhilePrintingRecords formulasubreportparameter , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To