Constantly encountering a "Server is Busy" error upon launching Dashboard Designer or Xcelsius
- Xcelsius 2008
- Dashboards 4.0
- Dashboards 4.1
- Dashboards 4.2
The "Server is busy" error is triggered when the required resources to run Dashboard/Xcelsius are not available.
This can be caused by any of the following:
-Not enough memory on the Machine
-Too many applications running when Dashboard/Xcelsius starts (ie. Outlook.exe busy downloading email)
-Excel in the middle of editing a function/formula
-Third Party Excel add-in, which runs in the background the same time Dashboard/Xcelsius tries to access excel
-Conflict when Dashboard/Xcelsius attempts to do an office version check.
- Ensure that system resources are available
- Disable application not in use.
- Close Excel.exe in the task manager before running Dashboard/Xcelsius.
- Disable any third party excel add-ins
- To eliminate the office version check, you'll need to apply a flag on the shortcut icon for Dashboard/Xcelsius.
- create a new shortcut icon by going to the xcelsius.exe file, right-clicking on it, and create shortcut or send to desktop.
- Right click on the new shortcut icon and choose properties. There you should see a "target" path.
- At the end of the target path, enter a space and type: -s
For example, the target path on my machine would read:
Xcelsius 2008: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Xcelsius\xcelsius.exe" -s
Dashboard 4.0: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\xcelsius.exe" -s
-Launch Dashboard/Xcelsius from this icon.
server busy, retry, dashboards, xcelsius,switch to , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem