- From Business View Manager, open ‘Data Foundation’;
- Change link or create new link between two tables;
- From Crystal Reports, error: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Database Connector Error: ‘If tables are already linked then the join type cannot change’.
Reproducing the Issue
- Crystal Reports Server/Business Objects Enterprise XI R1 or Crystal Reports Server/Business Objects Enterprise XI R2;
- Crystal Reports XI Release 1 or Crystal Reports Release 2;
Limitation of the query engine caused by the requirement of having multiple links between two tables
This is issue is by design and cannot be fixed with the current releases (Crystal Reports XI Release 1 and Release 2);
- Make the joins as simple as possible; consider the use of Views, subreports and Stored Procedures;
- Use of ‘AddCommand’ option when this is available: AddCommand allows you to write your own SQL query. Please find ‘Defining an SQL Command’ in the ‘Crystal Reports Online Help’.
KBA , BI , Business intelligence solutions , Problem