- Installation of Crystal Reports completed successfully;
- Start Crystal Reports;
- Error message: crw32.exe - Application Error. The instruction at 0x7ff2fbfc referenced memory at 0x7ff2fbfc. The memory could not be written.
Reproducing the Issue
- Crystal Reports XI Release 1;
- Windows 2003 Server
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) prevents Crystal Reports from accessing the memory.
Turn off DEP for Crystal Reports:
- Log in as ‘Computer Administrator’;
- Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties';
- Click on 'Advanced' Tab and click on 'Settings' button in 'Performance' frame;
- Click on 'Data Execution Prevention' tab. Click on the second option button;
- Click on 'Add' button and select;
- C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11\crw32.exe ;
- Click on 'OK' button.
KBA , BI , Business intelligence solutions , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports XI