How do you perform a silent install of Crystal Reports XI using a script?
To perform a silent install of Crystal Reports XI, use the following sample script:
msiexec /i "E:\win32\CrystalReports.msi" /qn+ ADDLOCAL=ALL PIDKEY=XXXXX INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11" COMMONVERDIR="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects"
Explanation of the script parameters above:
- [msiexec /i] calls the installer and prepares the service for installation
- ["E:\win32\CrystalReports.msi"] is the path to the location of the msi file as it appears on the CD. The E:\ drive represents the CD drive letter where the installation CD is located
- [/qn+] indicates to perform a silent install but prompt the user when the install is complete
- [ADDLOCAL=ALL] indicates a complete install
- [PIDKEY=] is the product key. Enter the installation key code into this PIDKEY parameter
- [INSTALLDIR=] is the path where the product files are to be installed. The C:\ drive represents the destination drive letter
- [COMMONVERDIR=] is the path where the common files are to be installed.
For more information on silent installs, please refer to Note 1203104.
More information can also be found on pages 9-11 of the Install.pdf installation guide found in the 'docs' folder of the installation CD.
AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION SETUP SET UP EXE SETUP.EXE INSTALLING C2018789 Crystal Reports Installation Silent install script , c2018902 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To