How do I configure a web application archive (WAR) file for a Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) application that uses the Java Reporting Component (JRC) XI Release 2?
To configure a WAR file for a J2EE application that uses the JRC XI Release 2, perform the following:
1. Create a lib folder in the WAR file's WEB-INF folder.
2. Copy the JAR files from these folders to the WAR file's WEB-INF\lib folder:
...\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\java\lib
...\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\java\lib\external
NOTE: If you wish to use the CrystalReportViewer tag library, copy the TLD files from the ...\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\java\lib\taglib folder to the WAR file's WEB-INF\lib folder.
3. Create a classes folder in the WAR file's WEB-INF folder.
4. Copy the CRconfig.xml and Log4j.properties files from the ...\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\java folder to the WAR file's WEB-INF\classes folder.
5. Open the CRconfig.xml file located in the WAR file's WEB-INF folder and change the 'report location' property to point to your report. This location must be a relative path.
NOTE: By default, this location is set to the root of the WAR. If your report is in the root of the WAR file, you do not need to change this property.
6. Copy the crystalreportviewers115 folder from the ...\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5 folder to the WAR file's root folder.
7. Open the web.xml file located in the WAR file's 'WEB-INF' folder.
8. Specify the location of the utility files used by the report viewers contained in the crystalreportviewers11 folder by inserting the following code below the <display-name> and <description> tags but within the <webapp> tag definition:
<!-- Context Param -->
<!-- Context Param End -->
9. Deploy the WAR file to your J2EE application server.
For a list of supported Java application servers for the Java Reporting Component XI Release 2, refer to the platforms.txt file on the Crystal Reports XI Release 2 CD or on our web site.
XI R2 J2EE JRC WEB APPLICATION WAR SERVLET .JAR SET UP TOMCAT WEBSPHERE WEBLOGIC Crystal Reports JRC Configuration and Setup , c2018318 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem