A Report Designer Component (RDC) 10 application is deployed to a client computer using the Crystal Reports 10 merge modules. When the application is run, the following error message appears:
"Free license could not be obtained in the time allocated."
This error message appears because the 'license key' property of the CrystalReports10_rdc_license.msm merge module is not properly set in the Crystal Reports runtime setup package and therefore the keycode value is not added to the client computer.
When the Crystal Reports 10 keycode is not properly set on the client computer, you do not have full access to the three concurrent RDC licenses.
To resolve this error message, use either one of the following steps:
- Rebuild and redeploy the application after setting the keycode in the CrystalReports10_rdc_license.msm merge module.
For more information on creating an RDC deployment package, download the document Rdc10_deployment.pdf from our support site.
- OR -
- Manually add the keycode to the client computer by completing these steps:
1. Copy the file licensemanager.exe from the following location on the development computer to the client computer:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\bin
2. Double-click licensemanager.exe to start the utility.
3. Type the 19-digit alphanumeric keycode in the "Add Key Code" box. The license key is the 19-digit alphanumeric keycode that comes with the Crystal Reports 10 Installation CD.
4. Click the Add button. You now see the 19-digit alphanumeric keycode listed in the "Existing Key Codes" box.
RDC 10 CR10 FREE LICENSE COULD OBTAINED ALLOCATED SETUP PACKAGE MSM FILE Crystal Reports Merge Module Distribution Licence Key Runtme Set Up Package , c2017857 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem