Crystal Reports XI is installed on your computer. You need to manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI for one of the following reasons:
- To verify that all Crystal Reports XI components have been completely removed prior to installing a later version of Crystal Reports.
- To remove the remaining Crystal Reports XI components that have not been removed using the 'Add/Remove Programs' command (Start > Settings > Control Panel).
- To remove the remaining Crystal Reports XI components that have not been removed using the Setup.exe file from Crystal Reports XI installation CD.
Before getting started, uninstall Crystal Reports XI by launching the Setup.exe file from the installation CD or by using the 'Add/Remove Programs' command. If either of these methods fails to remove all Crystal Reports directories, files and registry keys, then continue with the resolution of this article.
WARNING: This resolution can be applied if Crystal Reports XI is the only software installed on the computer that uses the Business Objects directories, files and registry keys.
For example, Crystal Analysis, Crystal Enterprise and BusinessObjects Enterprise XI are applications that may share the same directories, files and registry keys. Removing these directories, files and registry keys may cause other software to function incorrectly.
1. To manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI, delete the following directories:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0
- C:\Program Files\Business Objects
NOTE: Do not remove the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0 if you have BusinessObjects Enterprise XI or Crystal Reports Server XI installed. These files are shared by both applications and removal of these files will cause Business ObjectsEnterprise XI and Crystal Reports Server XI to function incorrectly.
WARNING: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to Note 1323322 for more information.
2. Delete the following registry keys:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports
- HKEY_USERS\S-#-#-##-...-####\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports
The number signs (#) represent a series of numbers that are different on each computer.
After making changes to the registry, restart the affected service or application as required.
UNINSTALL CRYSTAL REPORTS XI UNINSTALL MANUAL UNINSTALL REMOVE CRXI Crystal Reports Uninstall Crystal Reports XI Manual removal , c2017464 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To