In Crystal Reports (CR) 10, can you change the database connection of an existing command object to use a different database connection without the use of a Crystal Repository?
Yes, you can change the database connection of an existing command object to use a different database connection without the use of a Crystal Repository by using the following steps:
NOTE: You must apply the CR 10 Monthly Hot Fix (cr10win_en.zip) and the CR 10 Database and Export Drivers Monthly Hot Fix (dbex10win_en.zip) before starting the steps below.
1. Open a report with a command object.
2. Go the Database menu. Click Set Datasource Location.
3. In the Set Datasource Location dialog box, click the connection for the command object (the connection appears as a cylinder with a plug).
4. In the lower window, click the new connection. Log on to the database.
5. Ensure the connection is highlighted for both the command object in the top window and the new command object in the bottom window.
6. Click Update.
The database connection for the command object now changes to use the new database connection information.
COMMAND SET LOCATION DATASOURCE CONNECTION CR 10 HOT FIX CR10 Crystal Reports Crystal Reports 10 Command Objects Change connection , c2016958 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem