- Time missing.
- Date Time database field only displays the date in Crystal Reports.
- When creating a new report in Crystal Reports off the same database and table, it displays the time portion of the data time database fields.
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Open an exiting report in Crystal Reports.
- Date time database fields only displays a date.
- Formatting the database fields doesn't displays any option to display the time.
- When creating a new report off the same table, and adding the same date time database field to the report, it displays the date and time, but report that were created before doesn't.
- This occurs when a report was created in Crystal Reports 8.5 and below, and the report option "Convert Date-Time field" was set to only show the date.
- The report option to convert a date time field to a date or a string no longer exits in Crystal Reports 9 and above, but if the report was created in an older version and this option was used, then it will honor the setting, and will display it in those reports. To modify the setting:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File", select "Report Options..."
- In the "Report Options" window, for the option: "Convert Date-Time Field", select "To Date-Time"
- Then click "OK"
REPORT OPTIONS DATE TIME DATETIME FORMAT FIELD Crystal Reports , c2016553 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 9.0 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2