- Prompt text blank.
- Unable to set a prompting text for a report based off a stored procedure.
- In Crystal Reports, when you type prompting text for a stored procedure parameter, the text does not remain after you refresh an unsaved report or when you open a saved report.
- Crystal Reports 10
- Crystal Enterprise 10
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off a Stored Procedure that have at least one parameter.
- Edit the parameter that was generated based on the Stored Procedure parameter, and change the prompting text.
- When refreshing the report, notice the prompting text is blank, despite we had added a prompting text in the previous step.
- This is a known issue that have been tracked under ADAPT00228208
- This issue is resolved in the latest product update of Crystal Reports 10, and in Crystal Reports XI and above.
Known limitations: If the database is updated directly to have an empty string as the parameter description, the Prompting Text will not be set to the empty string. The user entered value will always be used.
- In Crystal Reports 10, if you cannot apply the latest product update, then to workaround this issue, create a Crystal Reports parameter, and link it to the Stored Procedure parameter in a subreport. Below are the genral steps for the workaround:
- Create a new report off a table that returns one record.
( The main report will be used as a container of the report based off a stored procedure )
- Create a parameter of the same data type as the stored procedure parameter, and enter the desired prompting text.
- Insert your report based off a Stored Procedure as a subreport in the Report Footer section of the report.
- Link the main report parameter to the subreport stored procedure parameter.
- On the main report suppress all the section except the Page Header, Page Footer and Report Footer.
Note: More report design modification might be necessary for the subreport, but the above is the general information on how to workaround this issue.
CR WHF 228208 STORED PROC PROMPT LOST GONE NOT SAVED MISSING ERASED REMOVED Crystal Reports Stored Procedure Parameter Prompting Text CR10 WHF , c2015336 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed