- Unable to see all database objects.
- Some Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, are missing.
- When connecting to a database in Crystal Reports, not all Tables, Views, or Stored Procedure, are displayed in the Database Expert.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the Database Expert, connect to a data source that contains a large number of objects. ( Tables, Views, Stored Procedures,... )
- Notice it is missing some tables, views, stored procedure,..
- The number of database objects returned in Crystal Reports is determined by the setting in the Windows Registry: NTablesMax
- The default value for this registry setting is 8,000.
- NTablesMax specifies the number of database objects to get a listing of from the database.
- Once this number is reached, the listing of objects in Crystal Reports is stopped. Objects can include tables, views, synonyms and stored procedures.
- To modify the number of database objects displayed in Crystal Reports when connecting to a Data Source, increase the value of the registry key: NTablesMax:
WARNING The following resolution involves editing the Microsoft Windows Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Windows Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322 for more information.
- In MS Windows on the Start menu, click Run.
- Type "Regedit", then click OK.
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor will appear, browse to the following folder:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions
- Crystal Reports 2011, 2013, 2016:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions
The next time you open Crystal Reports, you will be able to see all 10,000 database objects.
TABLE LIMIT NTABLESMAX RETURNED RETURNS BRING BACK RETRIEVE FETCH CONNECT Crystal Reports Connections to database objects Maximum number of database objects , c2013280 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem