- Fail to export to PDF format.
- When attempting to export a report from Crystal Reports to PDF format, it fails with the error:
"Failed to export the report. <Font name> - Font is not allowed to be embedded in document."
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add at least one database field to the report, and format it to use a specifc font.
- Export the report to PDF format.
It generates the error: 'Failed to export the report. <Font name> - Font is not allowed to be embedded in document.'
- The error message appears because one of the font used on the report does not have the font property set to: 'Print and Preview embedding allowed'
- Crystal Reports does not determine the embedding properties of the font. This property is set by the vendor / creator of the font.
- There is four possible embedding property settings for a font, which are:
1. Installable embedding allowed
2. Editable embedding allowed
3. Print and Preview embedding allowed
4. Restricted licence embedding
And only the 'Print and Preview embedding allowed' allows the font to be embedded when exporting to PDF format.
- To be able to successfully export the report to PDF format, perform one of the following:
- Contact the vendor of the font to obtain a version of the font that includes the embedding property setting of: 'Print and Preview embedding allowed'; or
- Use a different font on the report.
PDF, CR, Embedded Font , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2001 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016