A UDL file is an OLE DB connection. A report can be converted from either an ODBC or native connection to a UDL file connection.
- Click Set Datasource Location on the Database menu.
- Click the data source to be changed in the Current Data Source section.
- Click OLE DB (ADO) > Use Data Link File in the Replace With section.
- Click the UDL filename > Open > Next. Provide the appropriate logon credentials.
- Click Next to provide any advanced connection information (for example, time-out parameters) if necessary. Otherwise, click Finish.
- Click each table in the Current Data Source and its replacement in the Replace With section.
- Click Update. Close the Set Datasource Location window.
IMPORTANT: Click each table in the data source individually. If the data source is a stored procedure, the individual tables will not appear.
For more information creating and configuring UDL files, please refer to Note 1216124.
CONVERT DATABASE UDL FILE DSN SET LOCATION Crystal Reports Converting Report to Use UDL OLE DB using UDL , c2008505 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To