Any one of the following join syntax error messages appear when attempting to link tables in a report or to preview a report in Crystal Reports:
- "Unable to understand after declare"
- "Failed to Open Rowset"
- "Syntax Error"
- "Expected lexical element not found: <identifier>"
- "OJ syntax error"
- "Outer Join syntax error"
- "ODBC Error: Query contains an illegal outer-join request"
- "SQL Server error"
- "ODBC error: Syntax error"
- "Query contains an illegal outer join request"
- "Incorrect syntax near Left Outer Join"
Similar error messages may also appear.
To resolve join syntax errors in Crystal Reports, please refer to one of the following technical papers:
How to resolve join syntax errors in Crystal Reports 9 (for Crystal Reports 9 and later)
How to resolve join syntax errors in Crystal Reports 8.5 (for Crystal Reports 8.5 and earlier).
LEFT OUTER JOIN SQL SYNTAX ERROR ODBC OUTERJOIN OJSYNTAX OJ LOJ SQL SERVER Crystal Reports Seagate Info Outer Join Syntax , c2007974 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem