- Missing formulas.
- When exporting a report to Report Definition format, not all formulas are listed.
- After exporting a report to report definition format, it is not printing every formula that had been used on the report in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Create a couple of formulas.
- Add some of the formulas to the report design.
- Export the report to "Report Definition" format.
- When viewing the exported report, notice it is missing some of the formula that exist in the report.
- Only formulas that are actually inserted on the report are outlined in the Report Definition file.
- Formulas that are referenced in other formulas, but not directly inserted on the report are not outlined in the Report Definition file.
- This is normal behavior. While the Report Definition file outlines the code for formulas that are actually inserted in the report, it will not list the code for formulas that are:
- Referenced within other inserted formulas, or
- Referenced in conditional formula, or
- Inserted in Text Objects.
- To view the code for all formulas in the Report Definition file, insert these formulas in the Report Footer, then export the report to Report Definition format again.
REPORT DEFINITION FORMAT FILE FORMULAS REFERENE X-REF CR0SS-REFERENCE EMBEDDED Seagate Crystal Reports Exporting to Report Definition format Formulas embedded in other formulas , c2006065 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem