- Oracle Timestamp data type fields displays as picture in Crystal Reports.
- Oracle Timestamp data type fields doesn't display in Crystal Reports.
- Oracle Timestamp data type fields doesn't work in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off an Oracle data source using an ODBC or OLEDB connection.
- Notice the database field that have a Timestamp data type in Oracle displays as a picture data type in Crystal Reports, and it does not return data for the field.
- Crystal Reports doesn't supports the following Oracle data type:
- Timestamp with time zone
- Timestamp with local time zone
- When connecting to Oracle using the following connections:
- To report from Oracle timestamp data type fields in Crystal Reports, connect to Oracle using the Oracle Native (Oracle Server) connection:
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "File", select "New - Blank Report..."
- In the "Database Expert" window, expand "Create New Connection"
- Under "Create New Connection", select "Oracle Server"
- Select the Oracle server to connect to.
ORACLE TIMESTAMP DATETIME FIELD TIME ZONE NATIVE ODBC OLEDB CONNECTION stamp ole db connect date time RDO ADO , 9231146 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016