- Unable to import a Web service in Xcelsius
- When copy/pastying the WSDL URL in the browser, you get: "An error occured at line X:error: '□?are ' is not a valid NCName'."
- In Xcelsius, error:"Unable to load schema from WSDL".
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Xcelsius
- Go to Data -> Connections
- Select Query as a Web Service
- Enter the WSDL URL
- Click Import
-> Error appears.
- Xcelsius 4.5
- Xcelsius 2008
The error message occurs because one of the object or prompt names used in QaaWS begins with a number or contains special/accented characters.
A WSDL is an XML file. XML does not allow an element name to begin with a number or punctuation mark.
- Rename the object at the universe level or rename the prompt name in the QaaWS (Query As A Web Service)
WSDL,Schema, Unable to load, Web connector , 8074845, Excelsius, Xcelsuis, NCN name, working , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem