Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports XI Release 2
- Error: "Server busy. This action cannot be completed because other program is busy. Choose 'Switch to' to activate busy program and correct the program."
- Crystal Reports XI Release 2
- Crystal Reports is checking for updates.
Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue.
- Click Start | Run and in the open combo box type "regedit".
- In the Registry Editor browse to the following path:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DisableCheckForUpdates
- The DisableCheckForUpdates entry has a default string value of empty string (""). Change the value of this key to "1" which will disable the Update Service on Startup.
- Also, browse to the following path:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\CheckForUpdates
- Create a key with the name "DisableOnStartUp" and set its value to "1".
- Close registry editor.
Server is busy , 7813421 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem