- Map Layer Control does not display.
- In Crystal Reports, it is not possible to change the map layers.
- The Geographical Map Layer Control dialog does not open, after right-clicking a map and selecting "Layers..." in Crystal Reports on MS windows Vista and above.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source that contains geographical data, like Countries, Regions, Cities,…
- Insert a Map on the report.
Attempt to change the map layers, by right clicking on the map, and select "Layers…"
Notice, nothing is happening.
The expectation is for the "Layer Control" window to display, like it did in older versions of Crystal Reports, to let you set the layers orders, and visibility.
- This issue was tracked under ADAPT00911148, and after investigation it was found that:
- Crystal Reports uses MapInfo for mapping.
- MapInfo products are not currently supported in Windows Vista, and above.
- The mapping components depend on midlg30.dll to display the common dialogs. To load correctly, midlg30.dll requires MSVCP50.dll, which does not ship with MS Windows Vista and newer Microsoft Windows version.
- A workaround this issue, download the driver: MSVCP50.dll and copy it on the computer where Crystal Reports is installed:
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013, and 2016, copy the file MSVCP50.dll, in the following folder:
- 64 bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86
- 32 bit OS: C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86
- For Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 place the file into the SAP runtime folders:
- 64 bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86
- 32 bit OS: C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86
CR2008 CR 2008 , 3841729 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem