- Background of an image displays as black or white.
- When you insert an image with transparent background in Crystal Reports, the background is displayed in black or white instead of being transparent.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Insert an image with transparent background on a report in Crystal Reports.
- Notice the background of the image is no longer transparent. It is either black or white.
In the example below, the report background is light green, and when inserting the image with a transparent background, it displays a white background instead.
- When you insert an image on a report, Crystal Reports converts the image into a Windows Bitmap format (BMP), which does not support transparency.
- An enhancement has been created to request the ability to retain transparent background of image inserted on a report in Crystal Reports.
Product enhancement can be submitted on SAP Idea Place. An enhancement request doesn’t guarantee the requested feature will ever be added in a future product version, but it is an acknowledgment it has been added in the Enhancement Request list.
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise does retain tranparent background of image when inserted on a report, but does not retained it when the report is exported to different format.
For reference, see SAP Note 2316510
Image, Picture, Crystal Reports, transparent background, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Product Enhancement
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016