How can you create the report using off Active Directory.in Crystal Report XIR2.
1. Create a new blank report.
2. Choose 'OLEDB Data Sources (ADO)' > 'Make New Connection'.
3. In the 'Data Link Properties' dialog box choose 'OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services' and then click 'Next'.
4. In the 'Data Source' box enter the full computer name of the server where the connection is being made.
5. In the 'Location' text box enter the UNC path to the directory where the Active Directory ntds.dit file is located.
6. When prompted to enter information to log on to the server, select the option 'Use Windows NT Integrated security' and click
7. Click 'OK' to revert to the 'Data Explorer' dialog box.
8. The new data connection will appear under the 'Active Data (ADO)' folder in the 'Data Explorer' dialog box.
9. Select the newly created data object and click 'Add' to add it to your report.
10. Click 'SQL' in the 'Select Recordset' dialog box.
11. In the blank text area of the 'Select Recordset' dialog box, enter a query.
Example (where the domain is sports.xtremebikes.com):
SELECT ADsPath, cn FROM 'LDAP://OU=ou,DC=sports,DC=xtremebikes,DC=com'
12. This query now appears as a data object under the 'ADO' folder.
13. Expand the data object to show the Active Directory fields available for your report.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To