When attempting to start Crystal Reports XI, the following error message appears:
"Crystal Reports: Application Error - Couldn't load the keydecoder.dll".
The error message occurs because the CommonFiles entry has the wrong path in the registry.
|The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry. For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys And Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).|
To resolve the error message
- Click Start > Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type "regedit" in the Open: text field. Click OK. The Registry Editor appears.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCLAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports.
- Double-click the CommonFiles string. The Edit String dialog box appears.
- Ensure that the path points to the location of
For example, the default location is the following: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin.
- Edit the path as necessary.
- Click OK. Close the Registry Editor.
Crystal Reports starts successfully.
keydecoder.dll, crytal reports, application error , 4013862 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed