- Modification made on a Chart are not retained.
- When refreshing a report, the graph formatting is lost.
- Chart modification lost, when reopening a report in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a group on the report.
- Insert a chart in the group header or group footer of the report.
- Preview the report.
- Modify the chart, like change the color of the bar, pie,...
- Preview the report and notice the chart displays as expected.
- Save and close the report.
- Reopen the report in Crystal Reports, and refresh the report.
- Notice the modification made on the chart are lost.
- This situation occurs because modification made on a chart located in a Group Header or Group Footer section are only valid for the instance of the group.
- Therefore when refreshing the report with new data, it will display the default chart formatting for the group instances that were not formatted.
- To ensure the modification made on a chart located in a Group Header or Group Footer section is propagated to all group instances, select the option: "Apply Changes to All Charts". To do so:
- In Crystal Reports, open the report, and select the "Preview" tab.
- Make the desired changes to a chart located in a Group Header of Group Footer section.
- To retain the change for all chart, right-click the on the formatted chart and select in the contextual menu: "Apply Changes to All Charts"
- Save the report.
Crystal Reports, chart, group, preview view, group chart, group formatting, chart instance , , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016