How do you change isolation level for ODBC?
To set a different isolation level for ODBC when using Crystal Reports XI, set the registry entry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER(or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ODBC
- Close Crystal Reports XI if it is already running.
- Create a new text file with the following text:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Crystal Decisions\11.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ODBC]
- Save the file as "isolationlevel.reg" on your desktop and close the file.
- Go to your desktop and double-click on the file isolationlevel.reg. A message will appear asking you to confirm whether you want to save modifications to your registry.
- Click Yes. Another message will appear saying that the registry has been modified successfully.
- Finally, open Crystal Reports XI and create a report using the ODBC connection.
You can change the IsolationLevel value to 1 (Read Uncommitted), 2(Read Committed), 4 (Readable Read) or 8 (Serializable) according to your isolation level requirement.
different isolation levels forODBC , 1222010 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To