- How to disable a group or subreport drill-down?
- How to prevent drill-down on a group or subreport in Crystal Reports?
- How to prevent drilling-down when double clicking on a group or subreport when viewing a report in BI Launch Pad or InfoView?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert database fields on the report.
- Insert a subreport in the Report Header section of the report.
- When viewing the report in Crystal Reports or in BusinessObjects Enterprise, it is possible to drill-down on the subreport by double-clicking on the subreport.
- This is a feature of Crystal Reports in which a user can drill-down on data in order to analyze it.
- There is unfortunately no option to disable this feature in Crystal Reports.
- This drill-down feature is also respected when the report is viewed in all viewers: Java, HTML, ActiveX.
- As workarounds to prevent drill-down:
- Export the report to PDF format, and view the PDF document; or
- Use a text object over the group or subreport
- To prevent drill-down by using a text object:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports
- Insert an empty text field over the subreport or group header.
- Ensure the frame of the text box completely surrounds the subreport or group header frame
Once this is accomplished, Crystal Reports will no longer resolve the drillable element and the cursor will not change when rolling over those parts of the report. Note that this workaround has it's limitation, and if a subreport can grow, the text object will not cover the whole subreport, and it will then still be possible to drill-down on the subreport.
drill cursor hand magnifying glass crystal report, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To