When saving a Lumira story to PDF document, the exported PDF file contains blank page(s).
- SAP Lumira Desktop, version 1.25
- This issue was only seen on the 32-bit version
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Lumira document based on any data source
- Create a number of visualizations in the document
- Create a story with those visualizations
- Using the "Export to File" button, export the Lumira story into a PDF document
- Open the exported PDF document in Adobe Reader, all the pages are blank. However the orientation of each page is consistent with the Lumira Story
This issue is caused by memory consumption. If Lumira Desktop process is not able to allocate enough memory, the PDF export process may be affected.
On a 32-bit Windows machine, the total amount of memory is limited. Please make sure to close other programs (e.g. SAP BI Client Tools, Microsoft Outlook, Office suite, etc.) before launching Lumira Desktop.
A workaround for this issue is to lower the maximum Java heap size for Lumira Desktop. This can be changed in the "SAPLumira.ini" file located under the installation directory (default is: C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\).
By default, the max heap size is set to -Xmx768m, lowering it -Xmx512m will most likely fix the PDF export issue.
lum, dsk, lumira, desktop, program, export, saving, pdf, adobe, save as, blank, white, page, not working, doesn't work, cannot, can't, issue, problem, defect, bug, memory, ram, usage, high, low, 32bit, 32-bit, 32 bit, , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem