BAPI BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE / BAPI_ROUTING_CREATE returns error M3351 - 'Material & not maintained in plant &' for a generic article. It is unexpected, as transaction QP01 works fine for same material and plant combination.
Complete text of the error message M3351:
Material & not maintained in plant &
No material master data exists for material in plant . This may be for one of the following reasons:
- You have not yet created any data for the material at this plant level.
In this case, create the plant data by maintaining material master record from the Purchasing, MRP, or Storage view.
- The material is a planned material, that is, the data has been scheduled for this plant level for a future point in time.
In this case, you can display the planned changes for the material.
Make sure your entries are correct."
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP ERP Quality Management (QM)
- SAP R/3
- SAP R/3 Enterprise
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP Enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP Enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA, on-premise
QM-PT-IP, PP-BD-RTG, abend, BAPI1191_MTK_C, BAPI1012_MTK_C, MATNR18, generic article , KBA , QM-PT-IP , Inspection Planning , PP-BD-RTG , Routing , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.