- 1. A table name 'tab1' is created in the database DB1 by 'sa' who is the dbo of database DB1.
- 2. The login 'lg_a' is add to DB1 with aliasname "dbo".
- 3. The login 'lg_a' is add to DB2 with aliasname "dbo" as well.
- 4. A store procedure named "SP1" is created in DB2 by "lg_a".
create procedure SP1 as delete DB1..tab1
- 5. Create new login lg_b and add it to database DB2
- 6. Grant the "Execute" permission on SP1 to 'lg_b'
- 7. Run this SP1 with lg_b, got error
Msg 10330, Level 14, State 1:
Server 'ASE', Procedure 'SP1', Line 1:
UPDATE permission denied on object 'tab1, database DB1, owner dbo
- 8.If drop/recreate the SP1 with 'sa' and re-grant 'execute' permission to 'lg_b'. It works.
Adaptive Server Enterprise 12.0 or later
Concrete identification, permission, TF10303, alias, Msg 10330, denied on object, dbo, permission denied , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.