- The DSI thread in Replication Server does down due to ASE Error 2615 when UPDATE for an APL (All Pages Lockscheme) table with a clustered index and data change affects an existing duplicate row:
E. 2018/04/29 02:12:37. ERROR #1028 DSI EXEC(113(3) SYB_ASE.testdb2) - neric/dsi/dsiqmint.c(5172)
Message from server: Message: 2615, State 1, Severity 14 -- 'Attempt to insert duplicate row in database 'testdb2' (6), object 'mytab' (1456005187), index '<Unknown>' (0), partition 'ind1_1456005187' (1456005187). Could drop and recreate index with ignore duprow or allow dup.
I. 2018/04/29 02:12:37. Message from server: Message: 3621, State 0, Severity 10 -- 'Command has been aborted.'.
H. 2018/04/29 02:12:37. THREAD FATAL ERROR #5089 DSI EXEC(113(3) SYB_a251112100.testdb2) - neric/dsi/dsiqmint.c(5197)
The DSI thread for database 'SYB_ASE.testdb2' is being shutdown. DSI received data server error #2615 which is mapped to STOP_REPLICATION. See logged data server errors for more information. The error was caused by line #1 of stored procedure 'U_43_mytab' on the data server mapped from input command #2 (or a command before it) of the failed transaction.
- This is an HADR environment with stream replication.
- This issue only occur with an APL table with a clustered index.
- The workaround is to create a clustered index with allow_dup_row, so that replication can go smoothly.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL07
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL04 - SP03 PL06
- High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)
CR814798, CR#814798, 814798, performance, optimization , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.