- Client connections end abruptly or the ASE server may come down completely.
- There may be many processed (spids) waiting forever in status "send sleep".
- "infected with signal 11" errors with stack traces are reported in the ASE server, for example:
Current process (0x1b990190) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x000000010242f208 (send_done+0xa8), siginfo (code, address) = (50, 0x0000000068e68620)
- There may be stacktraces in the errorlog containing these functions:
Note: An example of a complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 16.0
- Most commonly (but not exclusively) seen with SAP Applications rather than on standalone ASE
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR820654, CR#820654, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers, CR820654, CR#820654, 820654 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.