- ASE process just stops with no message in ASE log
- There are no relevant messages in OS logs (for example /var/log/messages)
- If using SAP Business Intelligence (BI), once ASE has gone away, the BI console reports:
Account information not recognized: The CMS system database is not available. The error cannot be rectified by the end user.
Please report this error to your system or database administrator. (FWM 02088)
- With OS tracing on the dataserver process or with ASE setting 'enable console logging' to ON, the only clue may be a message including 'Unknown Reason'
- an strace on the dataserver pid would end with entries like:
12345 17:00:02 write(2, "Unknown reason\n", 15) = 15
12345 17:00:02 exit_group(-1) = ?
1256 17:00:02 +++ exited with 255 +++
- The last message in ASE log before it terminates may be:
Job Scheduler Task jobs are Queued to tasks max = X.
- The JSAgent log shows a disconnect message, which is an indication that ASE went down
- The message is likely to show up on the hour, for example at 11:00 or 16:00
-> JS: Task/Agent connection terminated.
Job Scheduler failed to receive communication buffer while reading message type.
Connection to Job Scheduler task terminated unexpectedly with error -4
Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (6)
Message String: ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03
- Business Objects
- At this time the issue is mainly observed with BI systems running on ASE
- There is no indication that it should only happen with BI, so non-BI systems could be affected too
jamain , ase crash , ase shutdown , 'Unknown Reason' , ase disappears, BI , BO , JS , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.