- ASE has (many) blocking spids
- Spids cannot be killed and return messages that latch is held:
Killing spid: 123 will not be immediate because it is waiting for a latch held by spid: 456
- Blocked connections build up and ASE may run out of user connections:
Error: 1601, Severity: 17, State: 7
There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure ASE with more user connections.
- Stack traces may be observed as server becomes unresponsive:
- Current process (0x442f03a5) infected with signal 8 (SIGFPE)
Current process (0x2711009c) infected with signal 10 (SIGBUS)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP13x / SP14x
- Setting for 'kernel mode' is process
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.