How will a server behave under the following circumstances:
- Log into a Unix box with a project with memory set at 6GB.
sp_configure 'max memory', 0, '6G'
- Create a Sybase server with max memory of 6GB and allocated all that 6GB to the server
- Start ASE with that configuration
- Now connect to Sybase and increase max memory to 8GB.
- Shut down and Restart ASE.
- Does the instance come up with 8 GB even though project is set to 6GB?
- If so, do we see two shared memory segments in ipcs?
- If it does not allocated the extra 2 GB memory to the server; does it matter as the startup process?
- Will it not care how the max memory is set?
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.