- In a Process Orchestration (PO) or Process Integration (PI) scenario which uses a SOAP Lookup receiver channel you get the error below:
SOAP: Call failed: java.io.IOException: Communication over HTTPS. Unable to create a socket error.
- This is an intermittent error and the majority of messages are successfully processed by this interface.
- On checking the traces (XPI Inspector and/or defaultTrace) you can see the more detailed error:
Error while calling the SystemAccessorHMI's process Exception during processing the payload. Error when calling an adapter by using the communication channel <channel name> (Party: , Service: <service name>, Object ID: 425410f0g737391arrf16ef331d7867e) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: 'com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: Failed to get the input stream from socket: iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier'. Cause Exception: 'java.io.IOException: Failed to get the input stream from socket: iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier'.
- On checking the certificates used in this interface (via the XPI Inspector tool or directly in the Keystore), everything appears to be correct - besides most messages get successfully processed.
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- SAP NetWeaver 7.5
Process Integration 7.31, PI 7.31, Process Orchestration 7.4, PI 7.4, PO 7.4, Process Orchestration 7.5, PI 7.5, PO 7.5, XI, AEX, AFIP, WSAA, Argentina , KBA , BC-XI-CON-SOP , SOAP Adapter , BC-XI-CON-AFW-SEC , Adapter Framework Security , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.